The leaves around here have really been putting on a show. It feels like every single tree is trying so hard to outdo its neighbor with even more vibrant leaves. I’ve enjoyed watching the leaf changing process. I swear it’s like every single leaf changed colors over night!
As much as I love my Fall Wreath Alternative, I wanted something new for my front door this Fall season. I ended up making a wreath that paid homage to all of the beautiful colors. I used paper in different Fall-like colors (with the exception of pink) to cut leaves from my Cricut. Whenever I need a quick an easy project, I turn to paper and my Cricut. I honestly don’t remember life before it! Check out my full tutorial below to how easy it is to make your own DIY Paper Leaf Fall Wreath!
– Embroidery Hoops (Large and Medium)
– Cardstock in Fall Colors (Purple, Dark Green, Light Green, Dark Orange, Light Orange, Pink, Mustard Yellow, Metallic Gold, and Beige)
– Hot Glue Gun
1. Pop out the center of both hoops. Add glue to the bottom of the smaller hoop and glue it inside the larger hoop.
2. Use the Cricut Explore Air to cut numerous leaves in different colors and sizes from this file #M144C53 and this file #M8A1C6A4.
3. Start gluing leaves to the outer hoop.
4. Continue adding leaves and layering them over one another.
5. Either hand cut a paper bow, or use this Cricut cut file #M325FC.
6. Glue the paper bow to the wreath.
7. Cut a piece of twine and tie to the top of your large embroidery hoop.