I‘ve had a jade plant in my home now for over 10 years. It got so out-of-control big that I eventually had to cut it back a bit since the branches were starting to bend over from the weight of the leaves. I took all of the cut branches and replanted them (did you know you could do that with jades?!?!). I added one of the Jade branches to a square cement planter I had made. My planter has been sitting (more…)
I was looking at my inspiration earrings and decided I could not choose just one to create. So, I decided to take two of the earring designs and marry them together!
I really liked the look of the pyramid shaped earrings and the finish of the round faceted earrings. So, the combo of these two earrings is what inspired my DIY. (more…)
Why is it that kids love anything that is not a toy? I know when it comes to new toys, most kids are more interested in the box and the packaging the toy came in rather than the actual toy itself! I’ve actually started saving old yogurt tubs and blueberry packaging since my kids love garbage so much. (more…)
If you’re looking to add some color and pretty texture to your walls, I’ve rounded-up 7 gorgeous yarn wall hangings for any room in your house!
Who said wall weavings had to be large and hung from a wall? This Framed Wall Weaving via Lindsey Crafter is small and the perfect size for a desk or shelf!
When I was doing my Dollar Store Craft Challenge, I grabbed a wire rack and turned it into a wedding table number display. Mollie from Wild Olive turned her’s into a yarn weaving! You guys, this is so cool! (more…)
Do you have an ugly, outdated vase, or one that just doesn’t match your decor anymore? Don’t toss it, give it a fancy little makeover to completely change the look of it! (more…)
My kids are pretty obsessed with the Easter Bunny right now. They celebrated their first Easter last year, but were too young to remember. It’s so fun that they are finally at the age where they get excited for holidays. Since they love spotting all of the Easter Bunnies, I thought I would make one to add to my Easter display this year.
I headed to Michael’s to find my inspiration for my DIY Easter Bunny. I was strolling past the wooden aisle casually scanning all of the raw wood pieces when I spotted a large wooden egg. I grabbed the egg and inspected it for a second. (more…)
You guys, I’m super excited because I figured out how to create my very own template in the Cricut Design Space! Woo Hoo! I wanted to create some easy decorations for Easter and thought a carrot craft would be perfect. So, I embarked on a journey to create my very own carrot template! Now, I know this is a super basic design, but for me it feels like quite the accomplishment since I am new to the Cricut Design Space.
When I decided to try and create my own carrot template, I had to visualize how to make it 3-D. Obviously I knew an elongated triangle would be part of the design. I ended up attaching 3 triangles and added a small rectangle to use as the connector piece. (more…)
Spring is right around the corner, which in my book, means plants, plants, and more plants! I always get the urge to increase the greenery and flower situation in my house as well as outside when the season finally changes over to Spring. Since the weather here in Chicago can be quite unpredictable until about April, I usually focus my plant attention on the inside of my house. It’s so nice to add live plants to a room – it really freshen it up.
Not only is Spring a great time to add plants back into your home, it’s also a great time to liven up your home decor. To me, Spring means cheery accent pieces that make a room feel inviting. So, I decided to put together a round-up of bright and colorful planters to house all of your plants since the vessel they live in should also be pretty! I don’t know about you, but I want to make all of these planters. I will definitely be making number #7. It’s such an awesome idea!
1.This DIY Confetti Planter via A Kalio Chic Life is like your planter decided to throw itself a little party, but kept the mess off the table!
2. I am a HUGE fan of llama anything. I’m not really sure when this obseession started, but is hasn’t gone away. When I saw this DIY Llama Vase via A Beautiful Mess I knew I had to add it to the list of planters I need to make stat!
3. You don’t need to be a skilled woodworker to make these cute DIY Mini House Planters via Club Crafted. All you need is wood, a craft knife, and glue – so simple!
4. Do you love stickers? This DIY Heart Planter via The Crafted Life takes heart stickers created with a punch and adds them to a chic vase for a new and improved look.
5. These DIY Hand-Etched Mini Succulent Plants via Fun365 via Dreem Green DIY look like expensive planters you would find at West Elm, except these planters are super affordable to make!
6. You can add an air plant to your decor with this DIY Metal Air Plant Stand via Happiness is Creating made out of a metal serving tray from the Dollar Store!
7. This Pyramid Stud Vase DIY via A Beautiful Mess looks super high-end, like you spent a ton of money on a designer planter, however, it’s actually made out of decking supplies from the hardware store. Mind=blown.
8. I love the look of abstract art. This DIY Modern Bowl Planter via Lovely Indeed incorporates this trendy look along with a DIY plant stand that was meant to pizza hold. Say, what?!?
9. If you love a unique planter, this DIY Stitched Planters via The Pretty Life Girls is just for you. I love the beautiful texture the floss adds to the wooden planter.